Monday, December 31, 2012
What I'm grateful for this year
Ten things I'm grateful for this year.
1. Nobody in the family died, got sick or separated.
2. The mortgage got paid each month, we all ate and we could afford to put petrol in the car.
3. Peter completed his first year going to school five full days a week.
4. Peter went from refusing to go to church without his iPod Touch in January to carefully laying out his smartest clothes the night before by June.
5. I had a good teaching year with two great classes.
6. I not only completed my first 4 units of undergraduate study but I got pretty good marks.
7. John got into a great selective high school along with 20 of his school mates.
8. John is hitting puberty and growing like a weed but so far so good!
9. Allan has been working in London this year and rented a flat there. It's not ideal, but it's paying the bills, it's better than hotel rooms and he seems to be enjoying the work.
10. I'm happy! (I'd be happier if Allan was home more often but I'm still happy.)
Ten best moments of the year.
1. Swimming with Allan in Bali.
2. A wonderful dinner with friends after John's Confirmation.
3. The Seven Bridges walk with Peter.
4. BBQ in London with Allan's work colleagues (old friends and new).
5. Dinner at Center Parcs Longleat with my side of the family.
6. Pulling John out of school for a day together.
7. Watching Skyfall at the IMAX with the boys.
8. My friend's son being offered a scholarship to Peter's school.
9. John passing his Grade 3 piano exam.
10. Watching Peter roll a quad-bike (and come up smiling!)
I hope everyone has had a good year and if not, then I hope next year is better x